About Cr Bell
First elected: 2012
Cr David Bell, his partner Traci and their two sons moved to the Surf Coast in 2002. David’s family have holidayed in Aireys Inlet and Fairhaven since 1962 and after a number of interstate moves decided to make Bellbrae their home. They run a small organic farm and David manages the Torquay Farmers Market.
David has been a member of many groups in the community, and has served as President of the Bellbrae School Council, a member of the planning committee for the Surf Coast Secondary College and member of the College’s first Council. David is also a Director of the Regional Waste and Resource Recovery Group.
David has a keen interest in planning and how the planning system must be used to preserve the biodiversity of the environment and important farming land.
- Bells Beach Committee
- Chief Executive Officer Employment Matters Committee
- Hearing of Submissions Committee
- Barwon South West Waste and Resource Recovery Group
- Rural and Peri-Urban Advisory Committee (COGG) (sub)
- G21 Planning and Services Pillar
- G21 Environment Pillar