About Cr Smith
First elected: 2012
Margot Smith retired in 2011 after nearly 30 years in the retail industry with various subsidiaries of the Myer, Coles and now Wesfarmers Groups, where her last position was Executive Director/General Manager Retail Services for Target.
She has strong strategic leadership and financial management skills and qualifications, which include a B.Ec. (hons) from UTAS and an MBA from IMI (now IMD) Switzerland, and has experience which covers a broad range of business disciplines. She has been a Director of the Anglesea Golf Club, a Director of RSPCA Victoria, and a Director of Regional Kitchen (a social enterprise providing meals for 21 Victorian Councils). She is Deputy Chair of the Geelong Regional Library Corporation; Chair of the G21 Arts, Heritage and Culture Pillar and a member of the Geelong Performing Arts Trust.
Her passions include golf, walking our coastal tracks, travel, reading and opera.
- Chief Executive Officer Employment Matters Committee
- Positive Ageing Advisory Committee
- Hearing of Submissions Committee
- Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC)
- Geelong Heritage Centre Collection Advisory Committee
- Anglesea Community Impact Advisory (CIAC)
- 25% by 2020 Renewable Energy Task Force
- G21 Arts and Culture Pillar