Full Time (5-year contract)
$153k-$158k package (including 9.5% Super & Council Vehicle)
Council’s Governance & Infrastructure Division is seeking an experienced professional to lead the Finance Department and undertake the following:
- Ensure the integrity of financial systems and information, and Council compliance with all relevant legislative requirements, including Australian Accounting Standards.
- Develop and maintain a financial reporting framework that delivers accurate and timely information to facilitate well-informed decision-making.
- Facilitate the development of financial skills across the organisation to assist Managers in service provision.
- Ensure the efficient levying and collection of Council revenue.
- Ongoing revision of long-term financial strategies in conjunction with the Executive Management Team.
- Current CA, CPA or IPA membership.
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Business Studies (Accounting) or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards.
- Demonstrated experience in leading innovative work practices.
- Outstanding communication skills with stakeholder at all levels of the organisation.
- Solid background leading teams and fostering a positive culture in the workplace.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to effectively liaise with staff, Councillors, customers and the general public.
- Police Check results that are suitable for this position (will be arranged by Surf Coast Shire Council).
- A current WWCC.
For further information please contact John Bertoldi on 5261 0600.
Applications addressing the selection criteria are to be sent online or by post to:
Adam Devereux, Human Resources
Surf Coast Shire Council
PO Box 350, Torquay Vic 3228 - by 5pm on 25 April 2021.
Surf Coast Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and completes police checks for all employees.
To be considered for this position a statement addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description must be provided.