Thanks to those who provided feedback on the draft concept plan - submissions have now closed.
The Barwon River Playground is a much loved local playground, constructed in 2001.
This playground is now due for replacement as part of Council's 2019/20 Asset Renewal Program, which focuses on replacing existing equipment with new equipment that provides a similar play experience.
Council has worked with a group of local stakeholders to develop a draft concept, which has been displayed at the playground since July.
Features of the playground renewal include:
- a large play unit with sheltered sections and lots of challenging play aspects
- a new swing set with both standard and toddler swing seats
- an accessible basket swing with rubber softfall
- accessible musical elements
- an new digger for the sand play area
- a barrier for separation from the road for safety
- feature tree plantings within the play space for additional shade
- internal accessible path linking to future adventure playground location
Existing artwork onsite will be retained for future use.
Draft Concept Design (click to open full size version)(PDF, 4MB)
Future Winchelsea Adventure Playground
The Growing Winchelsea Strategic Plan (2015) identified ‘the staged development of a regional adventure playground (building on the existing playground facility)’ as a high priority community infrastructure project. Council has included the Winchelsea Adventure Playground in its Advocacy Program and has initiated a concept design process to be in a better position to attract partner funding to construct the facility.
If you would like to be part of the community consultation process for the playground design or just wish to receive project updates, please confirm your interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.