The Surf Coast Shire Council has prepared Amendment C139 to the Surf Coast Planning Scheme to implement the adopted Torquay-Jan Juc Development Contribution Plan, June 2021 into the Surf Coast Planning Scheme.
Land Affected by the amendment
The land affected by the amendment is all land in Torquay and Jan Juc that is currently covered by the Development Contribution Plan Overlay, Schedule 2 as indicated in the map below.
What the amendment does
The amendment proposes to amend the Torquay-Jan Juc Development Contributions Plan (DCP) by:
- Updating Schedule 2 to Clause 45.06 (Development Contributions Plan Overlay): updating the schedule results in an increase to some development and community infrastructure levies
- Replacing the existing incorporated Development Contribution Plan (Torquay Jan Juc Development Contributions Plan, 16 May 2011 (Revised July GC75 2017) (SGS Economics & Planning, July 2017)) with the Torquay-Jan Juc Development Contribution Plan, June 2021
- Amending the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to replace the Incorporated Document titled Torquay Jan Juc Development Contributions Plan, 16 May 2011 (Revised July 2017) with the new Incorporated Document, Torquay-Jan Juc Development Contributions Plan 2021.
Want to know more?
Frequently asked questions
Explanatory Report(PDF, 103KB)
Instruction Sheet(PDF, 74KB)
Schedule 2 to Clause 45.06(PDF, 620KB)
Schedule to Clause 72.04(PDF, 163KB)
Torquay-Jan Juc Development Contributions Plan 2021(PDF, 1MB)
How to make a submission
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter would like to see made.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 15 November 2021. All submissions must be in writing and mailed to Coordinator Strategic Land Use Planning, PO Box 350, Torquay, VIC 3228 or lodged by filling in the online form below.
Background to the amendment
Council resolved to adopt the Torquay-Jan Juc Development Contributions Plan; June 2021 (DCP) at the Ordinary Council meeting on 24 August 2021.
A review of the existing Torquay-Jan Juc Development Contributions Plan (DCP), May 2011 was completed in 2019. The objective of the review was to update the document to ensure that it remained an effective mechanism to deliver infrastructure for the growing community, and to meet Council’s legislative requirements to regularly review DCPs.
No new infrastructure items were added to the DCP. The main changes to the DCP included:
- Updated scope and costings for infrastructure projects resulting in a minor increase in contribution rates
- Revised timing for delivery of infrastructure to allow some flexibility rather than a set date
- Improved clarity regarding works in kind
To give effect to the new DCP, a planning scheme amendment is required to replace the earlier version of the DCP under the Development Contributions Plan Overlay, Schedule 2 and include it as an incorporated document in the planning scheme.