Conference Marketing Success in Melbourne
Published on 06 August 2019
Business Events Great Ocean Road arranged a sales mission to Melbourne in July with promising results.
On Tuesday 23 and Thursday 25 July, Wayne Lee, on behalf of Business Events Great Ocean Road arranged a sales mission to Melbourne for the four Gold AIME partners – Mantra Lorne, Great Ocean Rod Resort Anglesea, RACV Torquay Resort and Peppers the Sands Torquay.
Ten appointments were confirmed with professional conference organisers and meeting managers over both days with a focus on companies that have a team of conference booking agents with a client base that are able to conference in regional areas.
The meetings were very well received by the partner properties and clients visited showing a united and coordinated approach to promoting business events into the Great Ocean Road region. Several new business opportunities were secured for the region into 2020 including:
- Proposal request for an 80 delegate overnight accommodation and Gala Awards Dinner for Lorne.
- Proposal request for 20 delegate high end accommodation retreat for Torquay including helicopter flights to region, scenic flights and group dinner.
- Initial proposal request for National Business Meeting for a large automotive organisation in 2020.
- Partner Program lead from a large Melbourne based conference for international delegates to experience the Great Ocean Road for day trips.
- Hosted familiarisation program organised by CIS Event Management for their top 10 clients to experience to Torquay, Anglesea and Lorne in September 2019.
By vising event organisers in their offices as a united destination for business events and conferencing we open up opportunities to visit teams and present our offering with the benefit of a formal program in place that offers support and assistance for them to direct business to our region.
Business Events Great Ocean Road is an independant, industry-lead convention bureau for the Great Ocean Road region offering free, expert advice on hosting a meeting, conference or event on the Great Ocean Road.
The Surf Coast Shire Council supports Business Events Great Ocean Road in recognition of the strength of the conference offer in the Surf Coast region and the potential to engage a completely different tourism market to holiday visitors.
If you are a professional conference organiser or you are responsible for your organisation's conference or off site meetings, Business Events Great Ocean Road may be able to assist you to find the right property or activity in our region.