Cyber Security Small Business Grants
Published on 04 March 2019
It’s been estimated that cybercrime costs Australians over $1 billion a year. Approximately one in five small businesses report that they have been the target of a cyberattack. The Cyber Security Small Business Program is one of a suite of actions under Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy.
This program provides businesses with 19 or fewer employees with a grant of up to $2,100 for a certified small business cyber security health check to determine business risk and areas that need attention to prevent a cyber attack.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- Have a certified small business health check undertaken by a certified CREST approved provider
- Have an Australian Business Number (AGN)
- Be registered for the Good and Services Tax (GST)
- Employ 19 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
And be one of the following
- An entity incorporated in Australia
- A partnership
- A sole trader
For more information, contact 13 28 46 or visit the Small Business Victoria website.