Tax Essentials for Small Business
Published on 04 March 2019
Are you new to business, or thinking of starting a small business?
Give your business the best start! REGISTER NOW to come along to a FREE introductory workshop run by Australian Tax Office (ATO) staff in Torquay on 21 March.
You'll learn about:
- Business structures and their different rules, tax rates and obligations
- Tax and non-tax business registrations
- Allowable deductions, including motor vehicle deductions, depreciation and home-based business expenses
- Annual and quarterly reporting requirements
- Record keeping principles
- Where to go for help and information when you need it.
We will show you online tolls and resources that can help you can you'll have the chance to ask questions. This great opportunity for you to network.
Please bring a pen and your smartphone or tablet.
A light lunch will be provided (please advise of any special dietary requirements email@example.com)
- Date: 21 May 2018
- Time: 12:00 - 2pm
- Venue: Surf Coast Shire Offices
- Price: FREE
Note there are two other workshops being offered in the Surf Coast by the ATO including:
- Record Keeping (GST Registered) - 11 April
- Record Keeping (not GST Registered) - 9 May
- See the flyer attached to this story for more details.