Local Legends Awards
Surf Coast Shire Local Legends is a recognition program to celebrate people and groups who are helping our community and environment to thrive.
Local Legends is an opportunity to recognise and celebrate the strength of our community in an ongoing way.
The Local Legends awards are not competitive; they are intended to highlight the contribution of any nominated person in our community.
Want to nominate a Local Legend?
Nominations are open between September and October.
People or groups can be considered a local legend by having a positive impact in any of the following ways:
- Helping Others and strengthening our community.
- Caring for our environment.
- Improving inclusion and celebrating diversity.
- Promoting healthy eating and active living.
All nominated people or groups who meet the criteria will be recognised.
The awards can nominate people of any age, there are no senior and junior categories.
The nominated person or group must:
- Live, work, volunteer or go to school in the Surf Coast Shire
- Make a positive contribution to the community
- Be willing to be nominated and give their consent
- Agree to be featured as a Local Legend in Council’s communication channels and local media.
Council staff, contractors and Councillors are not eligible to be nominated.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.