Tim Gates Classic 2020
The Tim Gates Classic is a terrific fun run along the Fairhaven Beach at low tide.
Choose between 5km or 10km and run to support the wonderful work the Tim Gates Foundation does through the Fairhaven SLSC.
The Foundation aims to honour the memory of Tim Gates and continue the work Tim did throughout his life by assisting young members in their quest to further their skills in competition, leadership and learning in the surf life saving movement.
The Foundation also aims to support the Fairhaven SLSC and its members by providing them with financial support for the purpose of:
* preserving and safeguarding life by study, education and practice of the methods of lifesaving
* promoting demonstrations, education and arranging classes of instruction in life saving and swimming
* patrolling the beach at Fairhaven in the State of Victoria and providing efficient life saving equipment and rendering first aid on the said beach and areas adjacent thereto
* providing and maintaining radio and communication equipment for communicati on betwe en members of the Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club, other clubs and organisations involved in the business of saving lives
* educating the general public in water safety and life saving
* purchasing life saving equipment which the Trustees consider desirable for the purposes of the Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club
Sunday, 05 January 2020 | 04:29 PM
- 06:00 PM
Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club, Great Ocean Road, Fairhaven 3231 View Map