Volunteering can be rewarding and enjoyable. You can use existing knowledge and experience in a different role, learn new skills, form new social networks and actively participate in community life.
Volunteering offers individuals numerous benefits including:
- Opportunity to learn or develop new skills
- Meeting new people from diverse backgrounds and making new friends
- Recognition for doing valuable work in your community
- Improving your overall health, wellbeing and happiness
- Creating new interests and hobbies
- Broadening career options and gaining workplace skills and experience
- Feeling connected to the community you live in
- Being part of a team
By volunteering you are enabling community services to be delivered. Many clients and residents experience a greater sense of belonging and increased self-esteem and wellbeing as a result of interaction with a volunteer.
Council acknowledges the significant contributions of its volunteers through ‘Years of Service’ awards, annual National Volunteer Week celebrations and ongoing training and support.
If you would like to talk further about volunteering at Surf Coast Shire contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5261 0600 and ask for the Volunteer Support Officer.