Renewable Energy Task Force
Expression of Interest
Council has an exciting opportunity for volunteer members to join the Surf Coast Shire Renewable Energy Task Force. The task force has been appointed to run until December 2017 and is comprised of an independent chair, industry experts, councillors, community interest groups and three individual community nominees.
Written expressions of interest (EOI) are being sought for three industry and community representatives to join the task force. Candidates are required to:
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 5pm Thursday 4 May 2017.
What does the Renewable Energy Taskforce do?
The Renewable Energy Task Force has developed a 2017 roadmap (pdf) to help Surf Coast Shire meet or exceed the state government’s renewable energy target of 25% by 2020. The task force is a priority project in the joint Council-community Towards Environmental Leadership program.
Who is on the task force?
The task force is independently chaired by ClimateWorks Australia Head of Implementation Scott Ferraro. There are also representatives from Council, industry, industry groups, and the community:
- Councillor David Bell
- Councillor Libby Coker
- Councillor Margot Smith
- Gavin Ashley - Moreland Energy Foundation, an independent not-for-profit organisation dedicated to tackling climate change
- Aman Oo - Associate Professor and Deputy Head of Deakin University’s School of Engineering
- Nick Rees - Regional Business Manager with energy company Powercor
- Doug Rolfe - Alternative Technology Association and
- Don Welsh - property development company Parklea Pty Ltd.
Community interest group representatives:
- Adrian Ford - Surf Coast Energy Group
- Andrew Laird - Surf Coast Air Action
- Gareth Bellchambers -Torquay resident who has studied and worked in the construction and development industry in Australia, Canada and the UK.
- Julie Dingle - active member of the Anglesea Community Energy Group and Surf Coast Air Action.
- Chloe Messner - Surf Coast local actively involved in various environmental initiatives including Green Mums, Patagonia Common Thread, Frack Free, Take 3 and SCEG.
The Renewable Energy Task Force meetings are held bimonthly. Check back here for the next schedule of meetings