Spring Creek Structure Plan
Amendment C114, which implements the Spring Creek Precinct Structure Plan (PSP), was adopted by Council on 24 October 2017.
In summary, the adopted PSP:
- Maintains lower housing densities while providing modest opportunities for housing diversity through the provision of a greater number of smaller lots around the neighbourhood centre, school and local activity centres.
- Maintains larger lot sizes (1,500-2,000m2) along the western precinct boundary, on the steep northern slopes of Spring Creek and along Grossmans Road.
- Maintains generous creek buffers of 75 metres wide each side of Spring Creek and 50 metres wide each side of the northern tributaries, except for a reduction in width of part of the northern most tributary on Grossmans Road properties.
- Maintains an open space network that incorporates creek corridors and conservation reserves, and provides for walking and cycling trails.
- Protects significant vegetation (in particular Bellarine Yellow Gums) within creek corridors, conservation reserves and road reserves, including along Grossmans Road, Duffields Road and Great Ocean Road.
- Does not include traffic lights at the Great Ocean Road / Strathmore Drive East intersection.
- Includes mandatory design controls for future dwellings, with minimum setbacks and maximum site coverage to ensure sufficient space is available for landscaping on each lot.
The adopted amendment and final documents have been submitted to the Minister for Planning for approval. The Minister can decide to approve the amendment with or without changes.
Land affected by the amendment
The land affected by the amendment is approximately 245 hectares of land located to the west of the township of Torquay. The land is referred to as the Spring Creek Precinct, which extends one kilometre west of Duffields Road and is bounded by the Great Ocean Road to the south and Grossmans Road to the north.
What the amendment does
The amendment proposes to incorporate the Spring Creek Precinct Structure Plan into the Surf Coast Planning Scheme; amend Schedule 1 to the Urban Growth Zone and rezone part of land within the precinct to Urban Growth Zone (UGZ1); apply the Development Contributions Plan Overlay Schedule 3 (DCPO3) to all land zoned; and include the Spring Creek Native Vegetation Precinct Plan.
Want to know more?
The Amendment documents can be viewed online at the Department of Land Environment Water and Planning website.
You may also inspect a hard copy of the Amendment documents during office hours at Surf Coast Shire Council offices, 1 Merrijig Drive, Torquay.
Exhibited Spring Creek Precinct Structure Plan(PDF, 40MB)
Exhibited Spring Creek Native Vegetation Precinct Plan(PDF, 2MB)
C114 Panel Report(PDF, 2MB)
Map showing adopted lot sizes/densities(PDF, 450KB)
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.