Request written planning advice

Use our Application for Planning Property Information (Written Advice) form(PDF, 168KB) to:

  • Confirm if a Planning Permit is required for a proposed use, change of use, or a development (including signage)
  • Obtain advice on the zone and overlay controls of a property
  • Obtain advice about the tenement provisions and whether land has policy support under the tenement provisions for a dwelling
  • Obtain advice or guidance on interpreting the Surf Coast Shire Planning Scheme or other planning legislation
  • Obtain advice on a planning related enquiry

Use our Certificate of Compliance Application form(PDF, 173KB) to:

  • Request a certificate stating that your proposed or existing use or development complies with the requirements of the Planning Scheme and therefore does not require a Planning Permit.