Waste disposal sites
We run waste transfer stations in Anglesea, Lorne and Winchelsea as well as a landfill in Anglesea.
All waste disposal sites are closed on Christmas Day, but are open on other public holidays that fall on normal open days.
Rubbish drop-off points for the public and business owners
Anglesea Transfer Station - 50 Coalmine Road, Anglesea (5263 2978)
Monday to Sunday 9am to 4pm
Lorne Transfer Station - 370 Erskine Road, Lorne (0400 689 496)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9am to 12pm
Sunday 2pm to 5pm
Winchelsea Transfer Station - 55 Cressy Road, Winchelsea (Friday: 0418 925 106, Saturday and Sunday: 0400 689 496)
Tuesday and Thursday 2pm to 4pm
Saturday 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Sunday 9.30am to 12.30pm
Rubbish drop-off points for holiday home owners
Holiday home owners can use drop-off collection facilities when leaving the Surf Coast Shire. General household and recyclable materials can now be placed in rubbish bins at any time at the designated collection points, located at:
- Torquay – 130 Messmate Road, please follow the signs to drop-off facility adjacent to the Surf Coast Shire Torquay works depot. The drop off point is clearly marked with signs. Do not deposit waste at any other location within 130 Messmate Road.
- Anglesea – Diggers Parade, Great Ocean Road next to the Shell Service Station
- Lorne - Grove Road near the intersection with Otway Street (Timber screened enclosure adjacent to the Lorne Lions Club).
Please do not place green waste, furniture or white goods at the drop-off points. Plastic bags prevent your recyclable material being recycled. Please ensure that recyclables are placed loose in recycling bins, not in plastic bags.
Rubbish drop-off point for commercial operators
Anglesea Landfill - 50 Coalmine Road, Anglesea - (03) 5263 2978
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
Open on the following Saturdays only:
- Easter Saturday
- Saturday before or after ANZAC day if the holiday falls on a Friday or Monday,
- Melbourne Cup weekend
- Saturdays during summer school holidays (as determined by the Victorian Department of Education www.education.vic.gov.au).
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address (we won't use it for anything else)