Artists and Creatives Grants
Applications are now closed and will reopen for the month of February
Applications will be accepted for requests between $3,000 (individual creative) and $5,000 (collective). No matched funds are required from the applicant.
What is a collective? A collective is a collaboration of 2 or more artists working on the same project.
About this grant
Surf Coast Shire Council is committed to fostering an environment where people with clever and creative ideas can make a difference. We want the Surf Coast Shire to be a place to nurture, acknowledge and promote innovation, the creative arts and industries.
The purpose of the grant is to support creatives to explore new directions, ideas and concepts to advance their practice and/or their careers. It will provide financial support for creative practitioners to undertake:
- Intensive creative research and development of new ideas/concepts
- Practice-based experimentation
Council’s Artists and Creatives Grant aims to:
- Encourage deep research and experimentation to support creative practitioners in achieving innovation, and advancement in their careers.
- Afford practitioners with an opportunity to take creative risks.
- Support creative practitioners to broaden, deepen or diversify their creative practice.
- Promote original and expansive thinking.
- Encourage cross-disciplinary and cross-industry collaborations.
- Engage with independent artists, creatives and collectives that reflect the diversity of the Surf Coast community
It is a requirement that all successful grant applications align with the Surf Coast Shire Council Health and Wellbeing Plan.
1. Read the Artists and Creatives Grant Guidelines(PDF, 380KB) and check your eligibility.
2. Read our Arts, Culture and Heritage Strategy and Council Plan 2021-2025.
3. Call our Grants Team on 5261 0600 to discuss your idea and ask any questions.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.