Not every proposal will need a pre-application meeting.
We recommend that you book a pre-application meeting with us when:
- your proposal is complex
- you are a first-time or inexperienced planner
- you are unsure if you need a planning permit
What is a pre-application meeting?
The pre-application process is a conversation between you (the applicant) and a planning officer. We will discuss your proposal and application, and confirm if any revisions are required before submission.
After the pre-application meeting, you should be clear on what we expect, and the upcoming steps in the planning permit process.
What do I need to prepare for my pre-application meeting?
You must have the following information and documents ready to upload before you book your pre-application meeting.
A pre-application meeting with a planning officer gives you the opportunity to:
- discuss your proposal
- identify possible planning issues
- clarify the planning permit process
- learn about how the Surf Coast Planning Scheme will affect your proposal
- reduce the risk of delays caused by requests for further information (RFI) after lodgement
Book now >
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.