Valuation objection

Suburban street

You can make a formal objection to a valuation or classification of your property within two months of the issue date on the rate notice.

You are still required to pay the rates on the due date, even if the valuation is currently being investigated.

The Valuer General Victoria (VGV) preferred (and quickest) method to lodge your objection to Council rates is via the Rating valuation objections portal.

Note that valuations are a reflection of current market prices as at 1 January 2023, and Valuer General Victoria undertakes a general valuation every year.