Surf Coast Arts Trail
The 2020 Surf Coast Arts Trail will be held on Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 August.
Now in its 9th year, the 2020 Surf Coast Arts Trail is an opportunity to discover the work of the Surf Coast’s thriving arts community. Meet the artists in their studios and creative venues from the coast to the hinterland.
Registrations open February 10th, 2020 and close March 27th, 2020. More information coming soon...
Want to work behind the scenes for the Arts Trail? Become a Local Area Coordinator!
In 2020 we want to further involve local communities in the management of the event, as well as provide skills development and employment opportunities for emerging arts workers.
We are looking for several Local Area Coordinators to oversee the collection of information from artists; provide content for social media and other media and promotional channels; as well as contribute to the design, distribution and dissemination of outgoing information, signage and materials in their local area.
LAC’s should represent their Arts Trail Zone, for example:
- Moriac, Winchelsea, Wurdibulloc and Deans Marsh
- Lorne, Fairhaven and Aireys Inlet
- Bellbrae and Anglesea
- Torquay and Jan Juc.
Download Full Position Description(PDF, 123KB)
We've gone digital!
This hugely popular annual event will showcase more than 200 artists in 60+ venues across the shire, so we've created a dedicated online map of the trail. Or, use the QR code to go straight to the map on your phone:
To use the QR code:
- Click on it, or
- On some phones you can hover your camera over it, then follow the instructions that appear on your screen, or
- Use a QR code reader (you might need to download one from wherever you get your apps).
The digital map can help you plan out your Arts Trail weekend:
- Familiarise yourself with the four geographical zones of the Trail.
- Find out which individual artists are taking part and where.
- Follow the links to see more of their work.
- Select a zone category and then tap on the drop down menu that appears below to search any one of the 7 sub categories (painting and illustration, sculpture and metalwork, fibre arts and craft, ceramics, glass and wood, installation and performance, photography and multimedia)
Feeling more old-school?
Downlod a PDF version of the map(PDF, 4MB)
Or pick up a hard copy of the map at:
- visitor information centres
- the Surf Coast Shire Council office in Torquay
- and many other community outlets
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address (we won't use it for anything else)