Climate Emergency Grants
About this grant
A small number of $5,000 grants are available in this program. Applicants of all eligible Expressions of Interest will pitch their project at a community event, where the top-voted projects will secure funding.
In the 2023 round, Expressions of Interest will be considered for partnership projects between two eligible applicants who will contribute equally to a project to the value of $10k (with $5k awarded to each partner to manage).
This grant funds local initiatives that enact Council's Climate Emergency Corporate Response Plan 2021-2031 – Goal 5 ‘Our organisation empowers community-led responses to the climate emergency’.
The Climate Emergency Grants fund projects that:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions (mitigate);
- help our community adapt to the impacts of climate change (adapt); and/or
- engage our community in climate action (mobilise).
It is a requirement that all successful grant applications align with the Surf Coast Shire Council Health and Wellbeing Plan.
1. Read these Guidelines(PDF, 365KB)(PDF, 384KB) and check your eligibility.
2. Call our Grants Team on 5261 0600 to discuss your idea and ask any questions.
Projects funded in 2022
- Ride the Change - Anglesea Primary School
- Carbon Neutral Surf Coast Kite Festival - Jan Juc Pre School Parent Advisory Committee
Projects were chosen by community vote at a pitch event held on World Environment Day.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.