Natural Environment Grants
Currently Closed - next round March 2023
Grants of up to $5,000 are available for this program. Applicants must contribute a minimum of 50% (cash or in-kind) towards the total project cost.
Applications are open for the months of March and September and assessed during the months of April and October. Successful projects will be funded shortly after.
Click to view the Surf Coast Shire Natural Environment Grant Guidelines(PDF, 370KB)
About this grant
Surf Coast Shire Council is committed to working with our community and other land managers to protect and enhance local biodiversity.
The Natural Environment Grants fund projects that:
- protect and enhance biodiversity, in particular threatened flora and fauna;
- support effective and collaborative pest plant and animal management (in accordance with Council’s Pest Plant and Animal Management Strategy 2020 - 2023);
- build and strengthen partnerships to protect biodiversity and manage pest plants and animals; and/or
- improve community understanding of local biodiversity and how to protect it.
Applications are assessed against the grant criteria outlined in the guidelines by a panel of Council Officers.
The highest scoring projects will be fully funded. Projects assessed with a moderate score may be considered for partial funding.
All successful projects must not be in conflict with the 5 focus areas outlined in the Surf Coast Shire Health and Wellbeing Plan.
1. Read the Natural Environment Grant Guidelines(PDF, 370KB) and check your eligibility.
2. Call our Grants Team on 5261 0600 to discuss your idea and ask any questions.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.