Local Legends Awards
Surf Coast Shire Local Legends is a recognition program to celebrate people and groups who are helping our community and environment to thrive.
Local Legends is an opportunity to recognise and celebrate the strength of our community in an ongoing way.
People or groups can be considered a local legend by having a positive impact in any of the following ways:
- Building connections or strengthening our community.
- Caring for our environment.
- Improving inclusion and celebrating diversity.
- Promoting healthy eating and active living.
The Local Legends awards are not competitive; they are intended to highlight the contribution of any nominated person in our community. All nominated people or groups who meet the criteria will be recognised. The awards can nominate people of any age, there are no senior and junior categories.
The nominated person or group must:
- Live, work, volunteer or go to school in the Surf Coast Shire;
- Make a positive contribution to the community;
- Be willing to be nominated and give their consent; and
- Agree to be featured as a Local Legend in Council’s communication channels and local media.
Council staff, contractors and Councillors are not eligible to be nominated.
If you know someone who should be recognised, give us up to 100 words about their brilliance – how they go above & beyond to make a difference in the community
Click here to nominate someone you know who could do with a bit of a shout out.
See previous recipients.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.