Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources

Current restrictions

Surf Coast Shire enters Step 3 of the Victorian Government's pathway to COVID Normal at 11.59pm on Wednesday 16th September, 2020.

This means there will no longer be any restrictions on the reasons to leave home, however social distancing, mask wearing and hand hygiene remain important to staying COVID-Safe.

From 11.59 pm on Wednesday 16th September, the following restrictions apply: 

  • Up to 10 people can gather outdoors.

  • People can create a ‘household bubble’ with only one other nominated household, allowing up to five visitors from that household at a time (infants under 12 months of age are not included in the cap).

  • Playgrounds, outdoor fitness stations and skate parks are now open.

  • Outdoor swimming pools can reopen.  Please note Winchelsea Pool is scheduled to reopen on 23 November.

  • Hospitality businesses will be able to serve patrons outdoors, with a cap of 50 seated patrons per venue, and an updated ‘two square metre’ density limit in place.

    Indoors, venues can open with a cap of 10 seated customers per space – with up to two spaces per venue – and in line with the existing ‘four square metre’ density rule.

  • Tourism accommodation can reopen. Regional Victorians are now allowed to travel within regional Victoria.

  • Outdoor non-contact and contact sport for under 18s and outdoor non-contact sports for adults can resume.

  • Up to 10 people can attend a wedding and up to 20 people can attend a funeral.

  • In term four, there will be a staged return to onsite learning for all students, with safety measures in place.

The Last Step from November 23 2020 will happen if there are no new cases for 14 days state-wide. COVID Normal will start when there are no new cases for 28 days, as well as no active cases (state-wide) and no outbreaks of concern in other states and territories cases (state-wide) and no outbreaks of concern in other states and territories.

The Roadmap to Recovery(PDF, 160KB)
The Roadmap for Reopening Businesses in Regional Victoria

Restrictions are subject to changes at any time. Go to or call the 24-hour hotline 1800 675 398 for the latest updates.

View the latest information about active cases

View the full Victorian case numbers by location and current high-risk locations and outbreaks.

(Please note: Council only has the numbers as published by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which reports based on municipality. For privacy reasons, the department does not provide us with specific details of each case.)

What to do if you have any cold/flu symptoms:

  • Isolate at home until you can get tested.
  • Continue to isolate at home until you get your results.