Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources
Permits for travel exemptions now open
If you live in Melbourne or other restricted regions of Victoria and own a property within the Bushfire Management Overlay (BMO), you can now apply for permission to visit your property for bushfire preparedness.
Find out more about the permits
Apply for a travel permit
We update this page once any changes to state government restrictions go into effect.
They are current, not upcoming, restrictions.
In Surf Coast Shire:
- There are no restrictions on the reasons to leave home but staying COVIDSafe remains important.
- Residents of regional Victoria including Surf Coast Shire, must not travel to metropolitan Melbourne (or Mitchell Shire), other than for permitted reasons.
- There are no restrictions on travelling to other parts of regional Victoria. If visiting an Alpine resort, you must have a COVID-19 test performed and receive a negative less than 72 hours before entering the resort.
- Face masks are mandatory indoors and outdoors for people aged 12 and over and are highly recommended for primary school aged children. You do not need to wear a mask in your own home, or if a lawful exception applies.
- If you have any symptoms, no matter how mild, you should get tested for COVID-19.
- Businesses in regional Victoria must adhere to density restrictions and conduct an I.D. check to ensure that patrons attending do not reside in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire.
For more information visit the Coronavirus Victoria website
Remember, get a test as soon as possible if you are experiencing:
✓ Runny nose
✓ Loss of sense of smell or taste
✓ Sore throat
✓ Shortness of breath
✓ Fever or chills
View the latest information about active cases and find the latest COVID-19 exposure sites and advice.
View the full Victorian case numbers by location and current high-risk locations and outbreaks.
(Please note: Council only has the numbers as published by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which reports based on municipality. For privacy reasons, the department does not provide us with specific details of each case.)
A message from the Mayor - 30 August 2021
What to do if you have any cold/flu symptoms:
- Isolate at home until you can get tested.
- Continue to isolate at home until you get your results.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.