2020 Race Torquay and Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race(CEGORR)
30 January and 1-2 February 2020
Race Torquay timings
30 January 2020
Women's race: 12noon to 2.45pm*
Men's race: 4.50pm to 7.50pm*
*Approx. finish time
Race Torquay: The Esplanade, Bell Street, Great Ocean Road, Duffields Road, Messmate Road, South Beach Road, Horseshoe Bend Road and The Esplanade.
Cadel Road Race: Geelong, Horseshoe Bend Rd, The Esplanade, Great Ocean Road, Addiscott Road, Gundrys Road, Vickerys Road, Forest Road, Larcombes Road, Cape Otway Road.
Traffic alterations - Race Torquay
During both Race Torquay races, traffic alterations and detours will be in place. In order to safely deliver a world class cycling event, the race circuit must be secure and vehicle free. To assist, please avoid driving or parking on the course.
Note: Traffic alterations and detours start 10 mins before the races start to get the course ready.
• Roads on the race course will be closed to vehicles while the races are in progress.
• The Esplanade between Price St and Bell St will be closed from 7.00am to 9.00pm. To accommodate this, traffic will be diverted down Anderson St during this time.
• There will be no parking on The Esplanade and Bell St from 11.00am - 8.00pm and some parking restrictions will be in place on Horseshoe Bend Rd.
• To be safe, allow an extra 10-15min to complete normal travel on this day.
Access in and out of the Torquay township
Police will control vehicle access in and out of the Torquay township at the following course crossing points each time the race convoy has passed .
• Surf Coast Hwy to the north (at Messmate and South Beach)
• Coombes Rd to the west (at Messmate)
• Quay Blvd and Pacific Drive to the East (for Sands residents)
• Great Ocean Rd (at Duffield Rd) – for traffic heading west only
Please visit the official CEGORR website for full course details and traffic impacts for both events