Sustainable House Day 2019
Open the door to sustainable living by touring some of our region’s most environmentally progressive homes on Sustainable House Day on Sunday 13 October 2019.
This unique annual event enables people to inspect exemplar homes firsthand, to see the materials and technologies in situ, to talk directly with homeowners and to access free technical advice from onsite experts. Organised by not-for-profit organisation, Geelong Sustainability, the event informs inspires and connects people so they can live more sustainably in their homes and communities.
The 2019 program is the largest and most diverse. There are 15 properties opening in
- Hamlyn Heights
- Ocean Grove
- Pt Lonsdale
So you’ll need to study their specific sustainable features and onsite experts to decide which homes you want to visit!
Register to attend the event to receive more information by email. Follow the Sustainable House Day Facebook page for regular updates. You can also pick up a postcard with all the details at various council customer service centres, local libraries, neighbourhood houses and the Humans in Geelong Expo.
Cost: $2 entry per house for adults, children free.
Houses (#1-7) in Geelong & Golden Plains - Open 10.00am - 2.00pm
- INVERLEIGH - New straw bale home + tiny house on wheels (2 homes)
- BATESFORD - Large native & food producing garden
- NORLANE - Sustainable living for renters & urban farm
- NORLANE - Exemplar extra small home on tiny site
- HAMLYN HEIGHTS - Renovation in progress + energy experts + product displays
- HIGHTON - Renovated suburban garden filled with natives & edibles
- NEWCOMB - Renovated 1960s small home now 7 stars
Houses (#8-15) on the Bellarine & Surf Coast - Open 1.00 - 5.00pm
- PORTARLINGTON - New owner built 7.6 star, passive solar home
- PORTARLINGTON - Renovation in progress on 1980s home + large garden
- OCEAN GROVE - New architect designed, 7.9 star, passive solar home
- OCEAN GROVE - Renovation in progress of 1980s family home inspired by Retrosuburbia
- PT LONSDALE - New compact airtight Passive House
- PT LONSDALE - 8.2 star, energy efficient beach shack on small site
- TORQUAY - Sustainable lifestyle, retrofitted new home + Tesla battery
- WENSLEYDALE - New straw bale compact home on bush block
Sunday, 13 October 2019 | 10:00 AM
- 05:00 PM