Community Asset Committees
Community Asset Committees directly manage daily operational activities at nominated halls and recreation reserves on behalf of Surf Coast Shire Council. The Committees create greater local connection and bring local knowledge that results in more effective use of the facilities.
They are established by Council under Section 65 of the Local Government Act 2020 and have delegated responsibilities and duties.
The updated Community Asset Committee Handbook is currently in production and will be available on this page soon.
Community Asset Committees hold meetings which are open to the public as well as an annual general meeting (AGM). Meeting schedules vary for each Committee so if you wish to attend a meeting please contact Council who can advise of the next upcoming meeting.
Contact details for Committees are available from Council.
For more information on Community Asset Committees, contact Council's Community Projects and Partnerships team on 5261 0600 or email@example.com
Community Asset Committees in Surf Coast Shire
Anderson Roadknight Reserve
- Includes Aireys Inlet tennis courts and community hall
Anglesea Bike Park
- Includes a 4-cross track, trials area, jumps area, trails and shelter
- Includes hall, skate park, playground, tennis courts, sports fields and equestrian centre
Deans Marsh Community Hall & Memorial Reserve
- Includes hall, community cottage, skate park, playground, pavilions, tennis courts and sports oval
- Includes pavilion, sports oval and netball courts
- Includes the main theatre, supper room, kitchen and amenities
Modewarre Hall & Reserve
- Includes hall, playground, tennis court, sports oval and historic bluestone building
- Includes the pavilion, sports oval, indoor stadium and outdoor netball court
General Meeting Minutes Template(DOCX, 41KB)
Governance Rules for Committees(DOCX, 38KB)
Example Code of Conduct and Meeting Rules Template for Community Asset Committees(DOCX, 37KB)
Role Statement Chairperson or President Community Asset Committee(DOCX, 41KB)
Role Statement General Committee Member Community Asset Committee(DOCX, 41KB)
Role Statement Treasurer Community Asset Committee(DOCX, 41KB)
Role Statement Vice Chairperson or Vice President Community Asset Committee(DOCX, 40KB)
Role Statement Maintenance Officer Community Asset Committee(DOCX, 42KB)
Role Statement Booking Officer Community Asset Committee(DOCX, 42KB)
Role Statement Secretary Community Asset Committee(DOCX, 41KB)
Management of the Facility
Risk Management and Insurance
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.