Maternal and child health
The Maternal and Child Health service (MCH) is free and provides primary care to postnatal women and children from birth to school age.
You can always call the free Maternal and Child Health Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 13 22 29 if you have questions about child health, nutrition, breastfeeding, maternal and family health or parenting.
Did we mention this is a free service?
Newborn appointments are usually done in your home, and all other appointments are usually done at a local community facility.
Get accurate and reliable information at your fingertips. Download the Victorian Government's free Maternal and Child Health app on your smartphone.
Locations and contact information:
To book an appointment at any of these centres contact us on 5261 0549.
- Kurrambee Myaring Community Centre - 12 Merrijig Drive, Torquay
- Torquay Children’s Services Hub - 27 Grossmans Road, Torquay
- Anglesea Kindergarten - 1 McMillan Street
- Deans Marsh Community Cottage - Pennyroyal Valley Road
- Lorne Community House - 16 Mountjoy Parade
- Moriac Preschool - 7 Clerke Court
- Winchelsea (Hesse Rural Health Building) - 8 Gosney Street
Privacy fact sheet(DOCX, 2MB)
Do you need extra help?
The Enhanced Maternal & Child Health Service is a home visiting program provided by Maternal & Child Health Nurse to assist families with extra support and guidance.
The service is available to parents and caregivers of children up to 6 years of age.
Topics and services are tailored to suit each individual family and are conducted within the individuals home.
Referrals can be made by:
- Health Professionals and Workers
- Friends and Family
Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Referral Form.(PDF, 92KB)
Join a new parent's group
We know how important first-time parent groups are to new parents. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.