Nuisance and pollution complaints

Hear no see no speak no monkeys

If you’re having a problem with

  • ongoing residential noise (loud music or air conditioners)
  • air pollution in residential areas (smoking chimneys, dust and more)
  • spraydrift issues that aren't from farm or commercial sources

you can lodge a complaint to Council for us to investigate under the nuisance provisions of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008. To assist the investigation and determine the degree of interference, duration and intensity we may require you to fill out a nuisance diary(PDF, 47KB) for at least two weeks, then submit to Environmental Health.

Phone:                 (03) 5261 0600

Mail:      Surf Coast Shire Council
     Environmental Health Unit    
     PO Box 350
     Torquay VIC 3228


Who else could I contact?

Depending on the type of issue you might be better off contacting another agency:

  • individual noise (for example, parties) - Local police station
  • Ongoing industrial or commercial related noise or small scale pollution - EPA Officer (OPLE) on (03) 5261 0600 or EPA Regional Office (03) 5226 4825
  • Noise in relation to licenced venues - Liquor Licencing Victoria on 1300 650 367 or your local police station
  • Spraydrift issues relating to work/farming practices - Department of Primary Industries (DPI) on 136 186
  • Sewage overflows and blockages - Barwon Water 1300 656 007


More information