Recreational vehicles on private land
For the purpose of this clause in the Local Law, a recreational vehicle is any motorised vehicle which is ordinarily used for recreational purposes including:
- motor scooter
- monkey bike
- articulated recreational vehicle
- self-propelled, self-contained motor home used for camping or other recreational activities
- any other vehicle propelled by a motor.
This definition does not include a motorised wheelchair or scooter designed to transport a person of limited mobility, a motorised bicycle with a maximum capacity of 22 watt aggregate power, or vehicles used for farming or agriculture.
In summary, the Local Law states:
- A person must not drive, ride on or otherwise use any recreational vehicle on private land within 500 metres of a dwelling located on any other land without a permit.
- The occupier of any private land must not allow a person to drive, ride on or otherwise use any recreational vehicle on that land within 500 metres of a dwelling located on any other land without a permit.
To use recreational vehicles on private land, please complete the online Recreational Vehicles on Private Land application form.
More information can be found in Community Amenity Local Law No. 1 of 2021(PDF, 4MB)
For more information on how to pay, view or object to infringement notices, view our Infringement notices page.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.