Renewable Energy Taskforce
The Surf Coast Shire 25% by 2020 Task Force is a Council established advisory committee established in July 2016 to provide direction and leadership for the municipality, that assists the achievement of the State Government target of a least 25% renewable energy by 2020.
The Task Force works in partnership with Council, community and industry:
- On best practice to promote and support community owned renewable energy within the Surf Coast Shire municipality;
- On strategic opportunities to attract renewable energy investment and jobs in Surf Coast Shire;
- In attracting and building local expertise in renewable energy technology; and
- To enhance energy efficiency in the local community.
The Renewable Energy Task Force has developed a 2017 Roadmap(PDF, 333KB) to help Surf Coast Shire meet or exceed the state government’s renewable energy target of 25% by 2020.
Who is on the task force?
The task force is independently chaired by Scott Ferraro, previously Head of Implementation at ClimateWorks Australia. There are also representatives from Council, industry, industry groups, and the community:
- Councillor Margot Smith
- Councillor Martin Duke
- Aman Oo - Associate Professor and Deputy Head of Deakin University’s School of Engineering
- Seamus Butcher - Barwon Water
- Doug Rolfe - Renew (formerly known as Alternative Technology Association)
- Andrea Pape - Sustainability Victoria
- Stephen Challis - Impact Investment Group
Community interest group representatives:
- Adrian Ford - Surf Coast Energy Group
- Sally Groom - Anglesea Community Energy Group
- Gareth Bellchambers - Torquay resident who has studied and worked in the construction and development industry in Australia, Canada and the UK.
- Julie Dingle - active member of the Anglesea Community Energy Group
- Chloe Messner - Surf Coast local actively involved in various environmental initiatives including Green Mums, Patagonia Common Thread, Frack Free, Take 3 and SCEG.
- Maxine Bazeley
- Zoe Roloff
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address (we won't use it for anything else)