Download Market Season Brochure 2013-14
For further information contact
- Torquay Visitor Information Centre on 1300 614 219 or
- Lorne Visitor Information Centre on 1300 891 152.
Below is a list of markets held in the Surf Coast Shire.
Aireys Inlet Market: generally held on second Sunday of the month (with some extras thrown in) at Aireys Inlet Community Hall from 9am to 1pm...
2014 market dates
January 5, 12, 19 & 26
May 11 & June 8 2014
October 12, November 1, December 14 and December 28
Description: A community-owned authentic farmers market specialising in fresh produce, locally made goodies, and art & craft. With a cosy indoor/outdoor setting, the Aireys Inlet Market is perfect in all weather and has become a Sunday morning mecca for Aireys locals seeking out a more sustainable shopping experience. A village market in a true sense of the word, this is the opportunity to fill your cloth bag or trollery with tasty seasonal organic produce, local wines, essential oils, aromatic herbs, and native plants. Meet the maker, the baker, the grower and taste the difference. @ Aireys Inlet Community Hall.
Aireys Inlet Market is seeking new stallholders for the market which is changing its general feel to a homegrown, handmade,recycled and vintage. We already have a lovely group of marketeers, but we do need more. If interested, please email Susan Romyn and John Wilcox at email@example.com or
Contact: Susan or John
Aireys Inlet School Fair : Saturday 1 November 2014 - vibrant, energetic, eclectic and iconic - a great school fair that offers yummy food, coffee and great activities and stalls to keep you entertained, engaged and just wanting more. Come along for the fun of it.
For more information check out www.lornep12.vic.edu.au or call School on 5289 7144
School address Anderson Street.
Anglesea Riverbank Market
- Description: Set in one of the most picturesque locations, this Sunday market is a sprawling treasure trove of eclectic stalls and stallholders. Alive and vibrant, a lap of the Riverbank market reveals astonishing variety to the visitor. Food, fashion, tools, toys & trinkets, jewellery & books, plants & gardening good and much much more! The Riverbank Market is part and parcel of the local community and Anglesea life and raises funds for primary school, football club, Lions Club and community house.
- Dates 2013-2014 Season:
- Sun 3 Nov 2013 - Anglesea Primary School ph.5263 1127
- Wed 1 Jan 2014 - Anglesea Primary School ph.5263 1127
- Sat 4 Jan 2014 - Anglesea Primary School ph.5263 1127
- Sun 12 Jan 2014 - Anglesea Lions Club ph. 5263 3830
- Sun 9 March 2014- Anglesea Football Club ph. 0429 944 968
- Easter Sunday 20 April 2014 - Anglesea Community House ph. 5263 2116
- Application: download the Anglesea Riverbank Market Application/Information form(PDF, 292KB)
- View stalls location maps - (1) North/Geelong End(PDF, 256KB) and (2) South/Lorne End(PDF, 241KB)
- View market terms and conditions (PDF, 374KB)
Anglesea Music Festival Market - October 19 and 20 2013
Two day market on Carnival Site at Anglesea Riverbank as part of the Music Festival offering arts and craft with a multicultural food court offering undercover seating plus street performers, buskers competition. Note this event is now bi-annual so next Festival 2015. For more information http://www.angleseamusicfestival.com.au/
Bellbrae Primary School May Fair : Sun 4 May 2014
10am-3pm – held at Bellbrae Primary School as a fundraiser – fun-filled day with great food, entertainment, stalls & music.
Deans Marsh Pioneer Festival Market : 23 March 2014
Description: 10am – 4pm, Deans Marsh Memorial Park, .
Long standing Deans Marsh Festival now grown to a 2 day event. The Saturday will be a showcase of local wines, food and sustainable living. Tours to local businesse and sustainable farms will operate on Saturday. Sunday will be main event, comprising of local foods, displays, music and sporting events - a real fun family day of activities and entertainment such as story-telling, bush poetry, snake handling, frog displays, working dogs and horses, the famous dog high jump, Jack Russell races, market stalls, pioneer games, great food and live music.
Check out http://deansmarshfestival.com.au/
Freshwater Creek Steiner School Open Day & Fair - Sat 2 November 2013 - held in the school grounds this delightful and chilled Fair offers an assortment of handmade and homegrown everything. A lovely experience in Freshwater Creek. Check out www.fwcss.com.au
Lorne Kinder Market - Easter Sat 19 April 2014
Contact: Ph. 5289 1734
Lions Foreshore Market - set on the gorgeous foreshore overlooking Loutit Bay, the Lorne Market offers a delightful array of local produce, art & craft as well as books, secondhand goodies, clothes and yummy treats. Fundraiser for local kindergarten and Lions Club - on Lorne Foreshore from 10am to 4pm.
Dates: 25 January, 7 June and 1 November 2014
- set on the gorgeous foreshore overlooking Loutit Bay, the Lorne Market offers a delightful array of local produce, art & craft as well as books, secondhand goodies, clothes and yummy treats. Fundraiser for local kindergarten and Lions Club - on Lorne Foreshore from 10am to 4pm. 7 June 2014 :
Amy's Gran Fondo Market & Expo - Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September 2013 - held on Lorne Foreshore celebrating a weekend of cycling, food, activity, local produce and wines.
Moriac Makers & Growers Market
- Don't miss this unique food and craft market with plenty of personality and a great country atmosphere. Come along to find quirky handmade wares, organic fruit and veg as well as one-of-a-kind gifts from a selection of handpicked stalls - Dates TBC
Normally 9am-2pm at Moriac Community Centre, Hendy Main Road, Moriac
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.moriacmarket.blogspot.com
Torquay Central Farmers' Market - Every Saturday all year round 8.30-1pm
- Fall in love with local food at the Torquay Central Farmers' Market. Located in the carpark of the Torquay Central shopping precinct, this is a genuine European style farmers' market with no bells and whistles, just great fresh food and produce from around the region.
Running every Saturday morning, stallholder specialities include local and regional bread, cheese, wine, organics, eggs, vegies, beer berries, jam, honey and much, much more.
Torquay Central Carpark, Bristol Road, Torquay
Cowrie Community Market – The Esplanade
- This icononic market is nestled amongst the majestic trees overlooking Zeally Bay on the Torquay Foreshore. Offering a friendly atmosphere with local music. Specialises in local art, craft, jewellery, vintage, plants and fresh produce. A great meeting place and never disapoints.
The Cowrie Community Market is held on the 3rd Sunday of the Month from September to April from 10am to 3pm
- Contact: Kyla - Email: email@example.com - PO Box 469, Torquay Vic 3228
Application: Community Market Guidelines & Application(PDF, 146KB)
- Sunday 19 January 2014
- Sunday 16 February 2014
- Sunday 16 March 2014
- Sunday 20 April 2014
- Sunday 21 September 2014
- Sunday 19 October 2014
- Sunday 16 November 2014
- Sunday 21 December 2014
Torquay College School Fete - Easter Saturday 19 April 2014 - Massive market offering bits of everything. Get in on the action! Check out www.torquaycollege.vic.gov.au or call the School on 5261 2360.
Torquay Nightjar Market - Thursdays in January 4pm to 10pm
There's plenty of summer lovin' for the new Nightjar Market in Torquay. Held on the wetland common for the first time last year, this twilight celebration of local independent art, craft and design was a massive hit with locals and holiday makers alike. Celebrating the creativity and diversity of the Surf Coast, the NightJar Market is a great place to unwind after a day at the beach. Meander through the stalls, sample some great food, and kick back and enjoy the quality live music on offer. Summer days are driftin' away, to uh-oh those summer nights! Torquay Common, Surf Beach Drive, Torquay
Torquay Festival Twilight Market
- Wonderful arts, food, music, theatre, performance, stalls and culture galore. Continue the Festival celebrations and enjoy all that is offered! Date TBC.
Good Bye Designer Market - like the Mill Market but with Designer clothes, shoes and homewares - held at Surf Coast Recreation Centre - dates 30 March 2014. Check out Facebook page for further dates this year.
Check out www.facebook.com/goodbyesecondhanddesignermarket
Surfcoast Baby & Kids Market - Surfcoast Baby and Kids Market features quality handmade items, preloved goods, new products and businesses promoting activities and services for babies, kids and families. Entertainment for the kids and live music adds to the experience. - Held at Surf Coast Recreation Centre - check out Facebook page for future dates.
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bell Street Fiesta - 10 to 12 October, 2014
The Bell Street Fiesta, part of the Torquay Food and Wine Festival celebrates the local art galleries, restaurants and Torquay's nightlife. A wonderful array of local products and a great weekend of indulgences.
Contact - email@example.com
Surfcoast Art & Design Market - Sunday 13 July 2014 9.30am to 2.30pm
Indoor Winter market held at Peppers, The Sands Resort, Torquay - this market aims to support both emerging and established local artists and designers. High quality artwork, sculptures, handmade homewares, jewellery, clothing and more...
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
Winchelsea Festival Market - a country experience with ferrets, utes, home-knits, hand-spun, sheep and great country music. Date TBC.
Roll up your sleeves and head inland to enjoy all that is on offer information www.winchelseafestival.org.au