The 2014-15 Surf Coast Shire Market Brochure is now ready to download.
For further information contact
- Torquay Visitor Information Centre on 1300 614 219 or
- Lorne Visitor Information Centre on 1300 891 152.
Below is a list of markets held in the Surf Coast Shire.
Aireys Inlet Market: generally held on second Sunday of the month (with some extras thrown in) at Aireys Inlet Community Hall from 9am to 1pm...
2014 market dates
January 5, 12, 19 & 26
May 11 & June 8 2014
October 12, November 1, December 14 and December 28
Description: A community-owned authentic farmers market specialising in fresh produce, locally made goodies, and art & craft. With a cosy indoor/outdoor setting, the Aireys Inlet Market is perfect in all weather and has become a Sunday morning mecca for Aireys locals seeking out a more sustainable shopping experience. A village market in a true sense of the word, this is the opportunity to fill your cloth bag or trollery with tasty seasonal organic produce, local wines, essential oils, aromatic herbs, and native plants. Meet the maker, the baker, the grower and taste the difference. @ Aireys Inlet Community Hall.
Aireys Inlet Market is seeking new stallholders for the market which is changing its general feel to a homegrown, handmade,recycled and vintage. We already have a lovely group of marketeers, but we do need more. If interested, please email Susan Romyn and John Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Facebook page
Contact: Susan or John
Aireys Inlet School Fair : Saturday 1 November 2014 - vibrant, energetic, eclectic and iconic - a great school fair that offers yummy food, coffee and great activities and stalls to keep you entertained, engaged and just wanting more. Come along for the fun of it.
For more information check out www.lornep12.vic.edu.au or call School on 5289 7144
School address Anderson Street.
Anglesea Riverbank Market
- Description: Set in one of the most picturesque locations, this Sunday market is a sprawling treasure trove of eclectic stalls and stallholders. Alive and vibrant, a lap of the Riverbank market reveals astonishing variety to the visitor. Food, fashion, tools, toys & trinkets, jewellery & books, plants & gardening good and much much more! The Riverbank Market is part and parcel of the local community and Anglesea life and raises funds for primary school, football club, Lions Club and community house.
- Dates 2014-2015 Season:
Organisers - Anglesea Primary School, Lions Club, Football Club and Anglesea Community House
- Sun 2 Nov 2014 - Melbourne Cup weekend
- Thu 1 Jan 2015 - New Year's Day
- Sat 3 Jan 2015 - New Year's long weekend
- Sun 11 Jan 2015
- Sun 8 March 2015 - Labour Day weekend
- Easter Sunday 5 April 2015 - Easter
Applications for sites: Anglesea Riverbank Market Stallholder applications are now done online.
Anglesea Music Festival Market - now bi-annual event - next 18 and 19 October 2015
Two day market on Carnival Site at Anglesea Riverbank as part of the Music Festival offering arts and craft with a multicultural food court offering undercover seating plus street performers, buskers competition. For more information http://www.angleseamusicfestival.com.au/
Bellbrae Primary School May Fair : Sun 4 May 2014
10am-3pm – held at Bellbrae Primary School as a fundraiser – fun-filled day with great food, entertainment, stalls & music.
Deans Marsh Pioneer Festival Market : 23 March 2014
Description: 10am – 4pm, Deans Marsh Memorial Park, .
Long standing Deans Marsh Festival now grown to a 2 day event. The Saturday will be a showcase of local wines, food and sustainable living. Tours to local businesse and sustainable farms will operate on Saturday. Sunday will be main event, comprising of local foods, displays, music and sporting events - a real fun family day of activities and entertainment such as story-telling, bush poetry, snake handling, frog displays, working dogs and horses, the famous dog high jump, Jack Russell races, market stalls, pioneer games, great food and live music.
Check out http://deansmarshfestival.com.au/
Deans Marsh Market: Sunday 28 September 2014 & Sunday 23 November 2014
- Description: 9am to 2pm, Deans Marsh Reserve, Pennyroyal Valley Road
- Market visitors can enjoy art, craft & produce, music & kids entertainment
Check out http://deansmarsh.org.au/market
Freshwater Creek Steiner School Open Day & Fair - Saturday 25 October 2014 - held in the school grounds this delightful and chilled Fair offers an assortment of handmade and homegrown everything. A lovely experience in Freshwater Creek. Check out www.fwcss.com.au
Lorne Kinder Market - Easter Sat 19 April 2014
Contact: Ph. 5289 1734
Lions Foreshore Market - set on the gorgeous foreshore overlooking Loutit Bay, the Lorne Market offers a delightful array of local produce, art & craft as well as books, secondhand goodies, clothes and yummy treats. Fundraiser for local kindergarten and Lions Club - on Lorne Foreshore from 10am to 4pm.
Dates: 25 January, 7 June and 1 November 2014
- set on the gorgeous foreshore overlooking Loutit Bay, the Lorne Market offers a delightful array of local produce, art & craft as well as books, secondhand goodies, clothes and yummy treats. Fundraiser for local kindergarten and Lions Club - on Lorne Foreshore from 10am to 4pm. 7 June 2014 :
Amy's Gran Fondo Market & Expo - Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 September 2014 - held on Lorne Foreshore celebrating a weekend of cycling, food, activity, local produce and wines.
Moriac Makers & Growers Market
- Don't miss this unique food and craft market with plenty of personality and a great country atmosphere. Come along to find quirky handmade wares, organic fruit and veg as well as one-of-a-kind gifts from a selection of handpicked stalls - Dates TBC
Normally 9am-2pm at Moriac Community Centre, Hendy Main Road, Moriac
- Contact: email@example.com or visit www.moriacmarket.blogspot.com
Torquay Farmers' Market - Every Saturday all year round 8.30-1pm
- Fall in love with local food at the Torquay Farmers' Market. Located in the carpark of Council offices, 1 Merrijig Drive, Torquay. This is a genuine European style farmers' market with no bells and whistles, just great fresh food and produce from around the region.
Running every Saturday morning, stallholder specialities include local and regional bread, cheese, wine, organics, eggs, vegies, beer berries, jam, honey and much, much more.
Cowrie Community Market – The Esplanade
- This icononic market is nestled amongst the majestic trees overlooking Zeally Bay on the Torquay Foreshore. Offering a friendly atmosphere with local music. Specialises in local art, craft, jewellery, vintage, plants and fresh produce. A great meeting place and never disapoints.
The Cowrie Community Market is held on the 3rd Sunday of the Month from September to April from 10am to 3pm
- Contact: Kyla - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - PO Box 469, Torquay Vic 3228
Application: Community Market Guidelines & Application(PDF, 147KB)
- Sunday 21 September 2014
- Sunday 19 October 2014
- Sunday 16 November 2014
- Sunday 21 December 2014
- Sunday 18 January 2015
- Sunday 15 February 2015
- Sunday 15 March 2015
- Sunday 19 April 2015
Torquay College School Fete - Easter Saturday 19 April 2014 - Massive market offering bits of everything. Get in on the action! Check out www.torquaycollege.vic.gov.au or call the School on 5261 2360.
Torquay Nightjar Market - Thursdays in January 4pm to 10pm
There's plenty of summer lovin' for the new Nightjar Market in Torquay. Held on the wetland common for the first time last year, this twilight celebration of local independent art, craft and design was a massive hit with locals and holiday makers alike. Celebrating the creativity and diversity of the Surf Coast, the NightJar Market is a great place to unwind after a day at the beach. Meander through the stalls, sample some great food, and kick back and enjoy the quality live music on offer. Summer days are driftin' away, to uh-oh those summer nights! Torquay Common, Surf Beach Drive, Torquay
Torquay Festival Twilight Market
- Wonderful arts, food, music, theatre, performance, stalls and culture galore. Continue the Festival celebrations and enjoy all that is offered - Saturday 6 December 2014 2pm to 8pm.
Good Bye Designer Market
Like the Mill Market but with Designer clothes, shoes and homewares - held at Surf Coast Sport and Recreation Centre, Beach Road, Torquay - next market Sunday 12 October 2014 - CANCELLED
Check out Facebook page for further dates this year.
Check out www.facebook.com/goodbyesecondhanddesignermarket
Surf Coast Baby & Kids Market - Surf Coast Baby and Kids Market features quality handmade items, preloved goods, new products and businesses promoting activities and services for babies, kids and families. Entertainment for the kids and live music adds to the experience. Held at Surf Coast Sport and Recreation Centre, Beach Road, Torquay.
Next market Sunday 5 October 2014. Check out Facebook page for future dates.
Contact - email@example.com
Bell Street Fiesta - 10 to 12 October, 2014
The Bell Street Fiesta, part of the Torquay Food and Wine Festival celebrates the local art galleries, restaurants and Torquay's nightlife. A wonderful array of local products and a great weekend of indulgences.
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
Surf Coast Art & Design Market - Sunday 12 July 2015 9.30am to 2.30pm
Indoor Winter market held at Peppers, The Sands Resort, Torquay - this market aims to support both emerging and established local artists and designers. High quality artwork, sculptures, handmade homewares, jewellery, clothing and more...
Contact - email@example.com
Winchelsea Festival Market - a country experience with ferrets, utes, home-knits, hand-spun, sheep and great country music. Sadly there aren't enough volunteers to organise and run a 2014 Winchelsea Festival.
Check out www.winchelseafestival.org.au for further information.