Help with payment

Rates concessions for pensioners

If you have a valid Pensioner Concession Card or an eligible Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card, you can get a concession for a rebate of up to $253.20 on your rates and $50.00 on your Fire Services Property Levy.

This only applies to eligible pensioners who live within the Surf Coast Shire. It does not apply to Health Care Card holders.

Apply for this Concession

Bring your concession card to our Customer Service Staff or download the application form(PDF, 297KB).

Please note:

  • Applications can be made at any time during the financial year.
  • You must be a permanent resident of the property for which you are seeking the rebate.

Financial Hardship

Low income ratepayers and cardholders of a valid Pensioner Concession, Health Care, Commonwealth Seniors, Department of Veterans Affairs or Repatriation Card may apply to defer rate payments if experiencing financial hardship.

If you have any questions, please contact the Council's Revenue Department on 5261 0600 to confidentially discuss alternative payment arrangements.

Rate deferment application form

Hardship Policy(PDF, 522KB)