Surf Coast Multi-Purpose Indoor Stadium
- Project typeConstruction of an indoor recreation facility
- Project value$13.5 million (including grant funding)
- Project scheduleStarted: late 2019 Completed: by the end of 2020
What's happening at the site?
Posted 8 July 2020
The construction industry is able to continue in the current COVID-19 environment, while adhering to strict physical distancing and hygiene measures.
The structural steel and pre-cast concrete panels to the three new courts and amenities area is complete. Cladding and roofing to these areas is underway. Steel for the foyer is being erected.
Key details about the project:
- Located in the north of Torquay.
- It will be formed by adding three courts to the existing single-court stadium at Surf Coast Secondary College.
- We’re working closely with the school to minimise disruption during construction.
- The stadium plans consist of four courts, a café, meeting rooms, change facilities, all abilities design features and additional car parking.
- The $13.5 million total project cost is made up of $5 million from the Australian Government through the Building Better Regions Fund, $3 million from the Victorian Government through the Better Indoor Stadiums Fund, developer contributions of $2.9 million and a Council contribution of $2.6 million.
- The stadium is a key project in the Torquay Jan Juc Developer Contribution Plan (DCP). The DCP is a legal agreement between Council and developers aimed at ensuring developers make a financial contribution to necessary community infrastructure.
75 White Street, Torquay View Map