Feedback has now closed.
The latest updated plans for the Barwon River Adventure Play Space are now available.
Developed with community input, the final designs include a range of play elements to create a welcoming, inclusive, challenging space, including an accessible flying fox, embankment slide and elevated cubby pods.
All existing trees on the site will be retained and protected, and the project also includes improvements to accessibility, with ramps between new and existing spaces on site.
The Adventure Play Space will include:
- Flying fox with wheelchair access and accessible seat
- Three tree canopy pods with internal access and linked by cargo net bridges
- Embankment slide and climb, with rock climbing holds
- Inclusive spinner
- Log steppers
- Nature play cubby house and sculpture
- Talking tubes connecting bush cubbies
- Timber balancing boards
- Rock scramble.
See below for an aerial view, and concept plan of the new adventure playspace.
Please contact us if you need assistance to access the above landscape plan or aerial view.
Council expects to call tenders for the park construction later this year to early next year, with work expected to be completed between May and July 2024.