Complaints and grievances

angry toddler

The Surf Coast Shire Council will contact the Department of Education if a concern or complaint is made about the health, safety and wellbeing of a child or any concern relating to the Education and Care Services National Laws and Regulations.

To raise a concern, complaint or grievance, contact:

1.  Your child’s teacher/educator in person, via email or phone at the service.

2.  Please call (03) 5261 0600) to request:
      -  Team Leader Kindergarten Programs or Kindergarten Program Advisor
      -  Team Leader Integrated Hubs - Occasional Care

3.  Seek information or lodge a complaint through Surf Coast Shire Council:
     Ph: (03) 5261 0600 or

4.  Contact Department of Education, Barwon South Region
     (the regulatory authority for Council's education and care services):
     Ph: (03) 5215 5136
     75 High Street, Belmont, VIC, 3216