Mental Health Month Grants 2022
Applications are now open
Council is pleased to offer grants of up to $1,000 to Community Groups and Individuals for projects which encourage good mental health and increase awareness of looking after our mental health.
Some project ideas are:
- Equipment for sensory or wellness rooms (weighted products, soft play equipment, ball pits, bubble tubes and interactive wall panels, wall padding, fiber optic lighting)
- Community events that bring people together and provide social connection
- Classroom resources: books, stress balls, mindfulness activities
- Mental health training for a teacher, staff member or community group members
- Guest speaker for a mental health presentation
- R U OK? Day morning tea and presentation
These are just some suggestions. Please share with us your best ideas.
If you are an individual, or your group is not incorporated (you don’t have an ABN), you will need another group to auspice your grant. This means that a group with and ABN takes financial and legal responsibility for your project. Council Officers can help you with this.
Grant opens on August 1 at 9am and closes on August 31st at 5pm. Projects must take place in Mental Health Month – October 2022.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.