Injured wildlife and pest animals

Koala in a tree

Injured animals

Have you found an injured or orphaned native animal?

Have you found an injured pet? Take it to a local veterinarian.

Nuisance wildlife

DO NOT feed wildlife. It is bad for their health and causes bad behaviour.

For any native animals causing you trouble, visit the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) website, or call DELWP on 136 186.

Some native animals that can cause trouble are:

  • Cockatoos pecking at your house or stealing food from café tables
  • Corellas tearing up the lawn
  • Magpies swooping cyclists
  • Masked Lapwings (Plovers) swooping pedestrians
  • Kangaroos on rural properties
  • Other native animals being a nuisance

Pest Animals

For problems with pest animals on your own land you will need to hire a private pest control service. Visit the Better Health Channel for help finding a pest control service.

If you see pest animals on Council land, contact us on 5261 0600.

For information on pest animals and how to deal with them, visit PestSmart Connect or Agriculture Victoria. Pest animals include: