Injured wildlife and pest animals

Koala in a tree

Injured animals

Have you found an injured or orphaned native animal?

Have you found an injured pet? Take it to a local veterinarian.

Nuisance native wildlife

From time to time, some native wildlife species may be of nuisance to you. Native wildlife such as Cockatoos, Corellas, Magpies, Masked Lapwings (commonly called Plovers) and Kangaroos are protected and Council is not authorised to control or destroy these species. The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning is the agency responsible for native wildlife and there is detailed nuisance wildlife information on their website or you can call 136 186 to speak with one of their wildlife officers.

Pest Animals

Under state legislation, the control of pest animals such as rabbits is the responsibility of the property owner. If you cannot do the control works yourself, you will can hire a private pest control service. You will find qualified pest control contractors in your region by using the Yellow Pages.

For information on pest animals visit PestSmart Connect or Agriculture Victoria. These websites contain information on the ecology of pest species and control strategies.