2023 Community Arts Calendar
The calendar is available at outlets across the Surf Coast Shire from 5 December, including at our Civic Building, Visitor Information Centres, Anglesea Art Space, post offices and general stores.
Congratulations to artist Karen Harding on her beautiful work Sunrise Beach Walk winning the People’s Choice vote to grace the cover for the 2023 Surf Coast Community Arts Calendar.
Karen received 86 votes to top a talented field and join 12 other artists whose works will feature in the calendar.
The Arts Calendar Exhibition, featuring 96 works across a range of mediums, attracted a great response with about 450 people viewing in-person and more than 5000 views online.
The community delighted in being able to come together in art for the 24th annual, Surf Coast Community Arts Calendar Exhibition launch.
We celebrated the almost 100 amazing artists who took part, including the 12 calendar placing artists at Anglesea Art Space on Friday 14 October 2022.
Works by 96 artists were in the running for inclusion in next year’s calendar.
- Emilia Bennett – Point Addis – YOUTH (watercolour)
- Archie Sullivan – Sunset Boxing on our Land –CHILD (collage)
- Tony Digger Gilson – Bunyip – 3D (carved sculpture)
- Daniela Rodriguez – Impermanence – 2D (photograph
- Clancy Morrisey – Peace Dove –CHILD (collage)
- Shane Jacobsen – The Joyful Spinner – 2D (mixed media)
- Kim Layton – Winter Solstice Swim – 2D (pastel)
- Pat McKenzie – Aireys’ Cliffs – 2D (watercolour)
- Marion Smith – Blue Gum – 3D (sterling silver)
- Bridie Murphy – A Quiet Time – 2D (watercolour)
- Peter Day – GasBoy is the Nervous Type – 3D (Found Object Sculpture)
- Meaghan Shelton – Self Made Woman – 2D (acrylic)
Cr Mike Bodsworth thanked all entrants who submitted a piece in the annual calendar competition, and congratulated the winners.
“There is a wonderful selection of works encompassing collage, jewellery, watercolour, found-object sculpture, photography and wood-carving,” he said.
Image: The 2023 People’s Choice Cover goes to Karen Harding for her evocative Sunrise Beach Walk.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.