Art Space terms and conditions
The Art Space aims to allow arts practitioners to exhibit, perform or run workshops.
The space is provided for at least two weeks, which will include two weekends. If only a week is required, this will need to be negotiated.
The cost is $100 per week +GST.
Council reserves the right for the arts officer to review any exhibition set up in regards to these requests and safety issues.
This is a community space, not a private gallery. As such users of the space will:
- have a person on site during their exhibitions.
- provide an area to display promotional materials for other arts events and exhibitions
- actively ask visitors to fill in the visitors book (provided)
- keep a tally of visitors to the space on the tally sheets (provided)
Users are to use the space respectfully.
Site Equipment includes:
- a storage/tea room area that allows for safe storage of equipment, chairs, tea and coffee equipment, small fridge and cleaning equipment etc.
- some consumables like toilet paper (please replace what you use)
- wire display frames (store unused frames adjacent to the toilet)
- display items (please use with appropriate care)
- a number of plinths
- a hanging system.
You may not nail picture hooks/nails/screws etc in the walls.
The space should be cleaned and left in an appropriate condition for the next exhibition.
You or any of your members may run workshops during the exhibiting period in the space. All arrangements are to be made between the artist and the exhibiting group.
Council will require proof of current Working with Children check and insurance documents if you are running workshops which may include children attending.
It is your responsibility to promote you own event.
However, we can help by:
- promoting the exhibition on social media and one advertisement in the press
- posting signage on the Art Space window with exhibition title, opening hours and contact
- providing assistance (if required) for an exhibition opening (please discuss with the Arts Officer)
- printing display labels (if required)
A lockable cash box is on site – the exhibiting group need to provide a float and receipt book.
Surf Coast Art Space offers the use of an EFTPOS machine, which is property of Surf Coast Arts Inc. (local community group). If you'd like to use it:
- you need to become members of Surf Coast Arts ($10 membership fee) this can be done through brochures at the space or online at www.surfcoastarts.com
- you'll need to pay a small machine rental of $9/week
- a fee of 2% of sales will be charged
Further information, and a site induction will be supplied along with an agreement.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.