Register now: 2021 Arts Calendar Competition – The World at Home!
Now entering its 22nd year our Arts Calendar Competition gives artists from across the Surf Coast Shire the opportunity to submit their work for inclusion in this well-loved community calendar.
To reflect the extraordinary nature of 2020, this year’s Calendar Competition will be held ONLINE from Friday 16 October – Friday 30 October via #Portal, and entries must work with the theme The World at Home.
Works should reflect the artist's life during 2020 - whether created in response to Lockdown or reflecting the things that kept you buoyed throughout the time.
The 12 winning entries will be selected by a panel and announced at the launch of the exhibition. The cover will be awarded by People’s Choice and announced on Wednesday 4 November.
The 13 winning artists will receive a cash prize as well as featuring in the calendar which will be released in December 2020.
All entries must be photographed and submitted as jpeg files.
- If you would like to learn how to photograph your work using your smartphone, please watch this workshop by Bellbrae photographer Mollie Vaughan.
- All winning works must then be made available for professional photography according to COVID restrictions in place at the time.
- Artists who live or pay rates in Surf Coast Shire are encouraged to enter.
- Artists can submit one entry only.
- If your work has appeared in the calendar in the last two years, you are not eligible to enter.
There are three categories:
- Open (all media)
- Installed Sculptural Work
Entries open: 9am Wednesday 19 August
Entries close 5pm Friday 25 September (no late entries will be accepted)
Exhibition Dates: Friday 16 – 30 October
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address.