Permanent Full Time
$110,872 (plus 9.5% Superannuation)
Flexible working arrangement available
Council’s Finance unit is seeking an experienced individual to manage the efficient performance of the management accounting function at Surf Coast Shire. The successful applicant will provide leadership and assistance to the Management Accounting team, and provide high-level input to the department’s business plan to assist the department to achieve its mission and performance outcomes.
- Current CA, CPA or IPA membership.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, business, commerce, or other relevant discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in a management accounting role with leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in developing policies and management level reports.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, analysis, monitoring and reporting of financial budgets, forecasts, and business plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. High level of IT literacy including advanced Excel skills and a familiarity with Business Intelligence and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing innovative work practices.
- Experience with complex financial frameworks.
- A current WWCC.
For any questions please contact Gabby Spiller on 5261 0600. Applications addressing the selection criteria are to be sent online or by post to:
Adam Devereux, Human Resources
Surf Coast Shire Council
PO Box 350, Torquay Vic 3228
- by 5pm on 20 June 2021.
Surf Coast Shire Council is an equal opportunity and child safe employer and completes police checks for all employees.
To be considered for this position a statement addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the position description must be provided.