What is Pickleball?
- A fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong.
- Played both indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court and a slightly modified tennis net.
- Played with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes.
- Played as doubles or singles.
- Can be enjoyed by all ages and skill levels
Where and When can I Play Pickleball?
Venue: Wurdi Baierr Stadium, 36 Wadawurrung Way Torquay 3228
Sessions: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30-3:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm to 5:30pm
Do I need to be a member?
You are required to be a Pickleball Australia Member to participate in the association activities. This is a two step process outlined below;
Step 1- Registration with Pickleball Australia online. https://www.revolutionise.com.au/pickleballaus/register/?ref_domain=www.google.com
Step 2- Joining Fee to Torquay Pickleball Association Inc.-$10 Bank Payment to: Torquay Pickleball Association Inc Bendigo Bank BSB 633000 ACC 183809441
Include your name and the word ‘membership’, or cash to a Committee Member.
What will it cost?
The cost per session is $7.00 for Pickleball Australia Members ($8 for non-members). This may be paid in two ways;
1. Cash on the day or
2. Vouchers purchased from a Committee member (paid by cash or by direct debit).
Cost is 5 visits for $35 or 10 visits for $70. Sign in: Upon entry sign the grey ‘Attendance’ book and write $7 for Cash or V for voucher. Money/voucher is placed in the collection box.
Is it COVID 19 Safe?
The most recent Covid Guidelines are adhered to. Participants must;
- Use sanitiser
- Observe social distancing
- Wear a mask at all times unless competing
- QR code into the venue
Contact the Torquay Pickleball Association
Private Facebook page: Torquay Pickleball Association Inc for members and interested supporters;
Public Facebook page: Torquay Pickleball to advertise the club and for general information.
Members are encouraged to join and like either or both pages.
You can also call Wurdi Baierr Stadium for basic information 5264 9200