REACH Fused youth program
Step out of your comfort zone
Fused is a four week after-hours program for you to connect, discover yourself and grow. In this program you will:
- think a bit deeper about your life and what’s important to you
- meet other people just like you, as well as interesting people who are completely different
- go on a journey designed just for you.
Fused is run by our Reach Crew - young leaders trained to run creative and exciting programs they’d want to attend themselves. There is never any boring bits, no lectures, just fun.
Who’s it for?
Anyone aged 13-17 years old.
You don’t have to have a reason to come – Fused is open to everyone. Heaps of people come by themselves, but it doesn’t matter because you’re introduced to friendly people straight away. You can attend Fused as many times as you want as every term has a different theme.
Why should I go?
Fused is a space just for you and is designed to challenge you, help you find your passions, make you laugh, and build connections with new people.
Dates to be announced. Watch this page for further updates.
Free! This specialised FUSED program is fully funded by Torquay Community Enterprise through Bendigo Bank, Torquay.
For the adults
It can be a big step to send the young people in your life to our programs so we’re here to answer any questions you have. Contact the program manager for further information and to enrol in programs.
What is Reach?
We get this question a lot. We’re a youth-led not-for-profit that’s been running programs for young people for over two decades, so we know our stuff. We support young people to get the most out of life and aim to improve the wellbeing of young people so they can be healthy and resilient to meet life’s challenges. Learn more about us on the Reach website
What is Fused and why should I send my young person?
Fused is a safe and supportive space where teenagers can connect with their peers and share their stories honestly. This is important for teenagers – adolescence is a time when people often try to make sense of who they are, what’s important to them and where they fit into the world.
Although each workshop is designed to meet the specific needs of teenage participants, generally workshops encourage young people to explore what it is to be a young person providing opportunities for participation in interactive youth-led discussion and activities, that encompass the kind of issues that all young people face.
Each Fused workshop includes:
- Three to four Reach crew who design, facilitate, lead and guide all the experiences for young people.
- Five to ten crew members who provide peer support to young people participating, as well as support to the lead crew to ensure that activities run smoothly.
- At least one wellbeing professional (social worker or psychologist) who provides additional wellbeing support to young people as required.
- An adult supporter is present at all times. They are trained in first aid and have general oversight for everyone involved and participating in the workshop Wellbeing.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address (we won't use it for anything else)