Winchelsea RV Parking Terms of Stay
The following conditions of stay apply to the Winchelsea RV Friendly 48 Hour Stop area:
- Self-contained vehicles only (RVs, motorhomes or caravans).
- Parking is permitted on the Barwon Riverbank area from Mercer Street to the railway bridge.
- Camping is prohibited (no tents). Penalties apply.
- All waste must be retained in the vehicle and taken with you (including rubbish, grey and black water).
- No fires.
- No generators between 8pm and 9am.
- No public consumption or possession of alcohol.
- No noise after 10pm.
- Pets must be under effective control at all times.
- Please take your rubbish with you.
- A dump point is available at the Barwon Hotel for grey/black water disposal.
- Area is prone to flooding. Use at own risk.
- Please be considerate of other users and access.
- This site is regulated by Council. Authorised officers undertake routine patrols of this area.
- Take care of the natural environment for other travellers and users of the area.
- Please come into Winchelsea for food and supplies. Thanks for staying with us.
- If you would like to stay longer, nearby caravan parks are located at Winchelsea, Colac and all coastal towns.
- Sleeping in vehicles and camping is not permitted in coastal towns in the Surf Coast Shire.
- Council encourages the 'Leave No Trace' RV code of conduct.
- If the Beacon is flashing at the entrance to the reserve, the site is closed for RV overnight stays.
- Check the Bureau of Meteorology website for Barwon River heights.
- Exercise caution if river is above 2.5m.
- Phone 1300 659 217 to check for flood warnings.
- Monitor the VicEmergency app or emergency.vic.gov.au
- The entire site is subject to flooding when river heights exceed 3m.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org on your experience or call the Surf Coast Shire Council on 03 5261 0600.
If you'd like a response from us, please give us your email address (we won't use it for anything else)