Community feedback was sought during May 2020. Newspaper ads and social media posts encouraged community members to share their views and feedback on draft plans.
Comments received included:
- numerous facebook comments welcoming/praising the initiative
- interest in the structure / trusses being able to hold 50kg of lighting
- design is beautiful, great for unique community performances and gathering
- screen planting doesn’t make sense and will limit the number of families who can sit in the space and who like to spread out on picnic blankets
- yellow gum tree planting provides a great outlook for residents – keep the planting to shade trees rather than shrub planting
- weather conditions will determine how sound carries from the site
- will complement the other facilities at this site – combining to create an amazing community hub
- local community close to the site may walk but there is limited parking for visitors
The Project Control Group has considered all feedback and made every effort to address any issues raised via this feedback process.