Holiday hours and waste pickup changes
Published on 11 December 2018
Waste service changes
There will be no kerbside collections on Christmas day. Kerbside collections will move to the next day, for the four days after Christmas (so if your bins are usually emptied on a Tuesday, they will be collected on Wednesday instead):
- Monday 24 - No change to collections
- Tuesday 25 - No collections
- Wednesday 26 - pick up of bins normally collected on Tuesday
- Thursday 27 - pick up of bins normally collected on Wednesday
- Friday 28 - pick up of bins normally collected on Thursday
- Saturday 29 - pick up of bins normally collected on Friday
After that they will go back to normal. Make sure your bins are placed out the night before collections.
All residential properties that get Council’s kerbside waste collection will receive one extra recycle collection in the week following either Christmas or New Year, depending on the collection schedule for your area.
This is shown as a pink square on your waste collection calendar.
Transfer stations / landfill
All facilities will be closed on Christmas Day. Transfer stations and landfill will re-open for business with normal opening hours from Tuesday 26 December
- Anglesea Landfill will be open on Saturdays (9am to 4pm) from 15 December 2018 - 26 January 2019.
- The Lorne Transfer Station will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 12pm from 27 January 2019.
Elevated Fire Danger Days
During the declared fire danger period, waste services will be affected by severe, extreme or code red days.
Fire Danger Ratings;
All waste collection and disposal sites operate as normal.
Kerbside waste bins will be collected earlier than scheduled. For example, starting from 12am.
Please make sure your bins are out early the evening before.
- Anglesea Landfill - open from 5am to 10am
- Anglesea Transfer Station - open from 9am to 10am
- Lorne and Winchelsea Transfer Stations - closed
No kerbside collections. Collections will occur on the following day(s).
All transfer stations and the Anglesea Landfill will be closed.
Office hour changes
Council offices at 1 Merrijig Drive, Torquay are open as per usual over the holiday season except for the following changes;
- Monday 31 - Open 8.30 am to 4pm
- Tuesday 1 - Closed