The Surf Coast Multi-Purpose Indoor Stadium is moving closer to construction stage. Here are some details:
- Located in the north of Torquay.
- It will be formed by adding three courts to the existing single-court stadium at Surf Coast Secondary College.
- It is planned to be completed by the end of 2020.
- A planning permit application has been prepared, and will be publicly advertised shortly.
- The $13.5 million project is made up of a Council contribution of $2.6 million, developer contributions of $2.9 million, and $8 million in grants from the state and federal governments via the Better Indoor Stadiums Fund and the Building Better Regions Fund respectively.
- The stadium is a key project in the Torquay Jan Juc Developer Contribution Plan (DCP). The DCP is a legal agreement between Council and developers aimed at ensuring developers make a financial contribution to necessary community infrastructure.