Recovering from an emergency

Damage to your home

If your place of residence is impacted by a house fire, flood or storm damage that has rendered it uninhabitable, emergency relief assistance may be available. We can assist with information and referral to services that can help you find temporary accommodation, financial assistance, counselling services and more.

If you require emergency assistance, please call 5261 0600 (24 hours).

When you call you may be asked to provide the following information:

  • your name and address
  • a contact number (i.e. mobile phone or phone number of a neighbour, friend or relative), and
  • your current location (i.e. neighbour’s, friend's or relative’s house).

Damage to agricultural property and livestock

The Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning (DEWLP, formerly DEPI) has a range of information available to assist with managing livestock and horses before, during and after an emergency. For more information visit the DELWP website.

Personal support and counselling